Friday, July 24, 2009

Spyderco Phoenix (C114)

Thanks to Spyderco and Bladeforums for the chance to handle this one via passaround.

The Spyderco Phoenix.


Overall-it's a nice knife. Well worth it if you're into that sort of thing.

Only complaint I have is that the locking surface would nick my thumbnail every time I closed the knife. Not a huge issue and something I could fix if it were my knife and not a graciously donated passaround piece. See the last picture for my reenactment of this occurring.

Other than that it is typical Spyderco quality. Fit/finish were very good, the knife was mechanically sound and it was very comfortable to cut with. If I wasn't such a cheap bugger I'd have one already, they just haven't really been available on the secondary market with any real regularity.

lava_lamp; the dude who had the knife before me also posted some sweet pictures over here.


No comments:

Post a Comment