Saturday, October 24, 2009

Spyderco Manix 2 (C101G2)

This is far and away one of the best folders I've ever seen from Spyderco. I was hesitant when I first saw the prototype pictures. The hollow grind, all that jimping and the caged lock were things I didn't really see the appeal of. Things changed when I handled it at the Blade show in Atlanta over the Summer. Listening to Mr. Schempp explain what he knew of Eric's design philosophy while I handled the knife changed my opinion drastically and I quickly became a huge fan of the design.

The added jimping works very well without any discomfort. Deeper index finger position offers more control with a more comfortable grip and I really can't fault the hollow grind after using it. It works just fine. The caged lock did take some getting used to since it can't easily be actuated with a thumbnail like it's uncaged cousin. But once it broke it I found it to be nearly as smooth and a lot more secure feeling, this knife really looks to be one of the strongest, most secure folders I've ever seen.

And the price point! USA made with good steel, G10 and a good lock is just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment