Friday, April 10, 2009

The Lil' Temperance (C69)

The Lil' Temperance was my first "grail" Spyderco knife. I remember first seeing it when I was a teenager and having my eyes nearly pop out of my head when I saw the price tag (this was before I learned that ones does not always have to pay MSRP for their knives.

It took several years before I found one at an acceptable price, being that the knife enjoys a fair amount of aftermarket demand since it was discontinued. I like the concept of the knife and the overall design but the lack of a left-handed clip left me cold and I only carried my PE example for a few weeks before retiring it to the collection box. The SE example pictured here was picked up a few months ago on a whim. Anyone have an idea if the pocket clip filler in the tip down position was a factory item? Mine is the first I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment